Sockliner – Complete Guide to Know What are Sock liners in a Shoe
What is Nike Comfort Sockliner?
Nike Comfort Sock Liner is just another Nike’s manufactured insole type. It is mainly used in Nike’s latest running and training shoes.
This kind of sockliner is mainly installed for the purpose of providing enhanced underfoot cushioning. This insole is immensely helpful for people who regularly run or train in the gym and walk for long hours.
You will also need some good quality socks for long distance walking and running to wear with these types of Nike Comfort Sock liners. This sock liner offers great comfort and cushioning which is needed for people who work for long hours in various sectors like retail, health and hotel industry.
What is Ortholite Sockliner?
Ortholite Sock liner is a popular insole brand which is manufactured by the company called as Ortholite. Ortholite has made some significant changes to its new sock liner products.
The company uses its proprietary polyurethane formula along with recycled rubber material to manufacture their most popular insoles. The major benefits that you get by using their specially designed sock liners are mentioned as follows.
1. They are lightweight: Most of the new Ortholite insoles are really light in terms of their weight. That is why you can easily insert them in your shoes and get more comfortable walking and running experience.
2. They Offer Long Lasting Cushioning: These specially manufactured insoles offer enhanced cushioning and proper fitting for all the foot sizes. Your feet get maximum comfort and underfoot cushioning when you insert these Ortholite sock liners.
3. They are Highly Breathable: The company has incorporated open-cell polyurethane foam technology in all of their insoles. This technology helps them to maintain breathability ratio from 95% to almost 100%.
This helps to maintain proper air circulation and ventilation in and around this type of sock liner. This is the reason if you need to maintain your feet cool and dry in hot weather conditions, then always opt for Ortholite Sockliners.
4. They are Better in Moisture Control: Due to the inclusion of open cell structure in their insoles, the water does not get stored inside the sock liner. Any excessive sweating or moisture from your feet gets easily absorbed into these insoles.
This is the reason; your feet stay dry and warm for longer duration. If you are a runner who sweats a lot, these sockliners can immensely benefit your feet.
5. They are Easily Washable: Many insoles that I previously used were not washable. Because after you wash them, their flexibility and softness often get deteriorated.
But all Ortholite sock liners are machine washable. You can wash them in any washer or a washing machine at your home.
When they become dirty and muddy, you can easily clean them in the washing machine and wash them to make them new and shiny again. You will not see any downgrade performance or comfort issues even after washing them several times.
To learn how to wash them safely in your washing machine, I have published an article about washing Ugg boots in the washing machine. You can apply the same procedure to clean and wash your old Ortholite sockliners. Click here to read that article.
6. They Provide Great Shock Absorption: Ortholite shoe inserts offer pretty impressive shock absorption. Whether you use running shoes or walking shoes for long and short distances, having a reliable shoe insole with right shock absorption is essential.
A shoe insert with proper shock absorption prevents foot injuries. It also provides higher comfort and support for your feet.
7. They are Easy to Handle: You can insert these sock liners inside all kinds of running and walking footwear with ease. It is also easy to take them off and put inside other shoes without any hassles.
They are really lightweight and thin. The build quality is quite good and durable in nature.
8. They are Eco Friendly: The material the company uses to manufacture these inserts is recyclable in nature. The material is completely environment friendly. So, for people who prefer to use eco friendly products, can comfortable buy these Ortholite insoles without any doubt.
Here is the video that will make you aware about the main benefits of using Ortholite Sock Liner for your shoes.
9. They Offer X-40 High Rebound Properties: Due to increasing demand, the company has incorporated this new emerging technology in their insoles. This X-40 High Rebound offers increased flexibility and elasticity rating which is above 40 percent.
It is great for people who are into high impact sports. It is also beneficial for folks that use minimalist footwear. At the same time, this feature enhances the cushioning ability of this sockliner.
What is EVA Sockliner?
The full long form of EVA is Ethyl-Vinyl-Acetate (EVA). EVA is a kind of factory-made plastic material which is a combination of Ethylene and Vinyl Acetate. Nowadays it is used in making different types of shoe inserts or insoles. It is considered to be a safe alternative to PVC material.
Though EVA is safe for kids but an article from Hellocharlie.com explains that EVA foam is not safe for babies. So, any kind of sockliners that include EVA foam is potentially unsafe for kids. Therefore, a sock liner which is purely made from only EVA material must be preferred.
The shoe midsoles and insoles both are made from EVA material. It comes in two forms viz. firm gray EVA and soft white EVA sock liner. More firm EVA insoles increase the weight of the shoe while soft EVA makes it lightweight.
This is the reason; many top shoe companies make use of soft EVA material while manufacturing EVA sock liners.
Soft EVA insoles offer higher shock absorption. They are extremely flexible and soft in nature.
The only disadvantage of soft EVA sock liners are they have less durability and they wear out faster.
But if you have foot ailments such as bunions, Achilles Tendonitis, hallux limitus, plantar fasciitis, etc. then it is better to use firm EVA sock liners for your shoes. Because they offer rigid support and they are highly durable in nature.
What is Uggpure Sockliner?
Uggpure Sockliners are made by Ugg Boots company for providing great support and comfort for Ugg boot users. The material used to make this kind of insole is really soft and moisture wicking in nature.
It is actually made from a comfortable sheepskin material. You can replace your current insole with this replacement Uggpure insert. It provides much better comfort, cushioning and support for your feet in all types of cold weather conditions.
Best thing that I like about this sockliner is it is not made by harming actual animals. Rather, it is made from natural wool and often used in making linings and footbeds for most Ugg boots.
It offers plush sensory experience for your feet when you use it in your boots. And because of its moisture wicking ability and consistent heat regulation capability, you can comfortably use these sockliners in cold winter season to keep your feet warm and dry in hot weather conditions.