Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer Running Shoe Review – 2017 Guide for Men and Women with Detailed Analysis
What's up Guys and Girls? today we are here to present you one of the most awaited running shoe release of 2017. It was launched recently and many racing and marathon shoe lovers were eagerly awaiting its release. Yes, finally its here; Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer 2017 Version. its available now online to purchase.
But before that, lets take a look at our in-depth analysis and review of this Nike's new and enhanced Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit sneaker of 2017. Here, we have carefully researched and analysed its features, pros, cons and finally we have provided our verdict about this new Nike release. Check it out.
Little Background of First Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer Shoe
Did you remember the famous Nike’s 1988 Road Running Campaign? This was the event when the original Nike Air Mariah Racer shoe was launched initially. Yeah, “They Came, They Saw, They Kicked Butt.” These shoes were made especially for long distance runners. So they were very durable and comfortable to use on a daily basis.
The time has flown away very quickly since then. Now in 2017, Nike has come again with their flagship product and re-introduced the new and more improved version of Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer Shoe for 2017.
We are here to dissect all its features and analyze its usability, comfort factor and other related things in detail. So keep reading further to know more about this Nike’s latest launch “Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer” for men as well as for women.
Primary Features of Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flynit Racer Shoe 2017 for Men and Women
Feature No. 1 - Comfortable Flyknit Upper Design
Yes, the unique Nike’s Flyknit Upper offers great comfort and perfect fitting for your feet. The fitting is just like snug and sock like fitting.
This Flyknit Mesh Upper is also very supportive, seamless, breathable and made to last longer. This upper design also offers additional lockdown for your feet which is again great in terms of perfect fitting.
Feature No. 2 - Well Cushioned Zoom Air Units
Nike’s trademarked Zoom Air Units are highly breathable and offer great cushioning at the same time. These units provide proper air ventilation and thus keep your feet sweat free and moisture free.
Feature No. 3 - Good Grip Outsole
The outsole of this Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer is made from a durable and lightweight rubber material. It gives you a very good grip and traction on rough and uneven roads.
At the bottom, there is also “Air” logo near the heel region. This gives you more balanced cushioning while running on roads.
Feature No. 4 - Special Bootie Construction
This specially designed Bootie Construction is really useful in comfortable shoe wearing. You can speedily and comfortably wear these shoes and can also take them off fairly quickly, thanks to the inclusion of Bootie Construction.
Along with that, there is very easy to tie lacing system. With this lacing system and bootie construction, you can wear these racers fairly quickly.
Feature No. 5 - Responsive Air Zoom Midsole
The midsole of this Nike Flyknit Racer provides very sleek and aesthetic look. It gives your feet the much required support, responsiveness as well as cushioning for those long distance marathon races.
It also helps a bit in shock absorption. The front of the midsole “Nike Air” also gives you responsive cushioning. This midsole compresses well when put under pressure.
Feature No. 6 - Absence of Tongue
Yes, this Nike racer shoe does not have a tongue. This shoe works like a slip-on sneaker. But there is only a sock like stretchable fabric strapping pattern which comes along with a sock like collar design. It is highly stretchable and hugs your ankles and heels perfectly when you wear these sneakers. In the previous Nike Flyknit Racer models, the tongue was too flimsy to deal with. It was getting easily wrinkled when you enter your foot inside the shoe. But this is not the issue in case of this new Nike Racer version. The front of this strapping pattern displays Nike logo in the bright colors.
Yes, this Nike racer shoe does not have a tongue. This shoe works like a slip-on sneaker. But there is only a sock like stretchable fabric strapping pattern which comes along with a sock like collar design.
It is highly stretchable and hugs your ankles and heels perfectly when you wear these sneakers. In the previous Nike Flyknit Racer models, the tongue was too flimsy to deal with.
It was getting easily wrinkled when you enter your foot inside the shoe. But this is not the issue in case of this new Nike Racer version. The front of this strapping pattern displays Nike logo in the bright colors.
Feature No. 7 - Unique Swoosh Logo
There is a famous Nike Swoosh logo on the lateral and medial side of the shoe. This logo gives you very solid and static feel when you touch it.
It has been integrated with Flywire Cables as usual. The Flywire Cables assist in perfect and snug fitting.
These Swoosh logos come in different colors which change as per the different color patterns of the shoe. You will also get to see this Swoosh Logo on the outsole near the midfoot region.
Feature No. 8 - TPU Overlay Heel with Plastic Heel Counter
The heel of the shoe is made from TPU material. It also comes with external plastic supportive heel counter. It gives your heels enough support while running on the roads.
However, this plastic support does feel somewhat weak on pressing it with bare hands. But it is always a good idea to have some heel support as compared to not having any kind of support, right?
The upper of the heel comes with a pull tab which is good for speedy on and off. The internal heel area is well safeguarded with reinforced heel lining.
This has enhanced the overall heel structure and its durability to a great extent. Such kind of internal heel lining is also helpful in preventing heel slippage while you run for long distances.
Feature No. 9 - Removable Ortholite Insoles
The insole of Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer is removable in nature and is made from the Ortholite material. You can introduce more comfortable orthotics inside the shoe. This insole is good in terms of its capability to provide cushioning and comfort for your feet.
For more detailed review on the features of this new Nike Flyknit Racer, kindly watch the following unboxing video review.
1. Attractive Color Combos: These Nike Flyknit Racers are available in different color combinations. The colorways that are available online for these shoes are pure platinum/white, white/black-volt-chlorine blue, string/black-white-solar red, black/white-dark gray, pale gray/black-solar red, hyper crimson, etc.
2. Very Comfortable Upper: This Nike Racer shoe upper is highly comfortable due to its Flyknit construction. It is also very supportive, breathable, seamless and durable in nature.
It is flexible but not stretchable by any means. You will really feel that you are wearing unnoticeable, lightweight socks when you wear this shoe. This is the level of comfort that you will get when you walk and run in these shoes.
3. Highly Breathable and Ventilated: The both sides of the shoe have proper air ventilation points. The shoe has become really breathable due to these ventilation points. Your feet will remain sweat free and moisture free due to this air ventilation feature.
4. Fitting is True to Size: Due to comfortable Nike Flyknit upper, pull tabs, and a proper lacing system, this Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer Shoe provides almost perfect fitting for all foot sizes.
But if you are like me, it is always in your best interest to order a half size larger than your actual foot size. The sock like upper fitting is truly a blessing in disguise for many long distance marathon runners because it gives you enhanced comfort, flexibility, and support for your feet from all sides.
5. Extremely Lightweight and Breathable: Due to the inclusion of Air Zoom units, Flyknit upper design, light rubber sole, and bootie construction; the shoe has become really lightweight. The material used in this Nike sneaker is really light in terms of its weight.
6. Well Cushioned Midsole: The midsole is one of the strongest features of this shoe. It feels more reactive, responsive and well cushioned. It is made much similar to the midsole of Nike’s 1988 Flyknit Racer version.
7. Looks are Attractive: The shoe looks aesthetically clean, stylish and beautiful. These shoes are great for long distance marathon runners who are also looking to enhance their overall looks, style, and impression.
You can also watch the following video review for more details from the Youtube user named as "Lavender ish".
1. Somewhat Uncomfortable for Wide Feet Runners: Yes, we have observed that this new Nike Mariah Flyknit Racer is a bit of disappointment for folks who have wide feet. If you are having wide sized feet, you will experience some discomfort and narrowness while walking and running in these sneakers. We recommend you to order one size larger than your regular foot size if you have wide feet.
2. Little Ankle Discomfort: There is a little issue of Nike Flyknit material getting rubbed against your ankles. The heel tab of this Nike sneaker is somewhat rough and it rubs on your heels and ankles when running for long distances. This high heel tab must be handled properly in order to prevent rubbing against your ankles.
So, we have seen that this new Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer Running Shoe has some good things and has some flaws too. The fact is no shoe on this earth is perfect by all means. Every shoe has some good things to say and has some bad things to mention.
In the same manner, this particular Nike Flyknit Racer has lots of pros such as highly comfortable upper, well-cushioned midsole, no flimsy tongue, proper lacing system, durable and flexible Flyknit material, highly breathable Air Zoom units and finally a rubber outsole that offers good grip and traction on all kinds of roads.
On the other side, it has some drawbacks such as some ankle discomfort and narrowness. Though, we feel that these issues are minor and can be easily tackled with some preventive measures. Therefore, they can be ignored. We highly recommend this Nike sneaker for long distance runners and we give it the rating of 4.7 out of 5.
The retail price range of this shoe is close to 150 bucks. You can buy these latest launched Nike shoes online at Amazon. They are available for both male and female runners. There are different colorways available to choose from when you buy them online.