How to Clean White Mesh Shoes in 7 Easy Steps (5 New Methods Added)
Why White Mesh Shoes are Loved by Millions of People Across the Globe?
Having a pair of white mesh shoes or sneakers in your shoe rack can be one of the best gifts you can give to yourself because it comes with different advantages.
Mesh shoes are the favorite because of its light-weight nature which makes it the most preferred by notable sports men and women.
It enables them to run or joggle freely when compared with the other types of shoes.
Mesh shoes keep your feet cool because it allows the movement of air around the feet and also reduces sweat related odors.
Because of the quality and reliability of mesh white shoes, you need to keep it clean and spotless all the time.
The efficiency and durability of mesh shoes makes some people to ignore the basic rules of its maintenance.
Every owner of mesh white shoes should understand that it’s not stain resistant.
After the days hike or run, it will look dirty.
You are going to learn a simple 7 step approach to learn how to clean your white mesh shoes so they can last for a very long time.
Dirt and stains build up on shoes over time, and if not removed properly, it will make your shoe look filthy.
Wearing a grimy white shoe as a sports man sends the wrong message to your fans and other people about your personality.
Your mesh white shoes or sneakers need to be distinctively clean.
Apart from your outlook to your fans and friends, the cleanliness of your shoes gives you confidence as you run, joggle or when you are training for a competition.
- Why White Mesh Shoes are Loved by Millions of People Across the Globe?
- No Excuses for Cleaning Your White Mesh Shoes Regularly !
- Few Tips on Preventing Shoe Odor and Smelly Feet
- 7 Simple Step to Clean Your White Mesh Shoes at Home
- Step 1: Start Cleaning from Day One
- Step 2: Use Bristled Toothbrush for Scrubbing the Shoe Areas
- Step 3: Soak Your Shoes in Lukewarm Water
- Step 4: Make Use of Laundry Detergent
- Step 5: Use Stain Remover to Clean The Remaining Dirt
- Step 6: Dry Your White Mesh Shoes Properly
- Step 7: Make Use of Vinegar Only if it is Necessary
- Newly Added 5 Extra Methods to Clean Your White Mesh Sneakers, Shoes and Boots
- Method No. 1: Cleaning Your While Colored Mesh Shoes with Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide
- Method No. 2: Using Bleach to Clean White Mesh Footwear
- Method No. 3: Try White Toothpaste to Clean White Sneakers and Shoes
- Method No. 4: Use of Oxiclean Stain Remover to Get Rid of Dirt from Your White Mesh Shoes
- Method No. 5: Using Reshoevn8r Shoe Cleaning Kit to Remove Dirt from Your White Mesh Footwear
No Excuses for Cleaning Your White Mesh Shoes Regularly !
You do not have any reason whatsoever not to clean up your White Mesh Shoes after each jogging regime or workout routine.
The material used in manufacturing mesh shoes is not delicate and mesh white shoes are designed with the knowledge that the user will consistently clean these shoes.
Therefore, you should not be worried about its longevity assuming you regularly clean it up.
This way the shoes will last longer than your actual expectations.
The colors will continue to remain as it is when you keep your shoes clean regularly.
You will have to consistently clean your mesh athletic white shoes for them to look very attractive and stylish.
Currently, there are many brands and styles of mesh athletic white shoes in the market with different cleaning instructions.
For every model, there should be recommendations from the manufacturer of these mesh shoes.
Keeping your white mesh shoe in a near-new condition can be difficult if you are not informed about the techniques to be adopted.
The secret of maintaining the quality and cleanliness of your mesh shoes is to start the cleaning process right from the first day of usage.
They need to look very clean and tidy from any part of the mesh white shoe up to the sole no matter what you used it for.
The aim of this article is to give you the right information on how to clean your white mesh shoes.
Before getting access to that, we like to advise you on upgrading your personal hygiene to avoid smelly shoes and feet.
Recommended Articles for You:
Few Tips on Preventing Shoe Odor and Smelly Feet
1. Avoid Wearing Shoes Without Socks:
It can be disgusting and embarrassing to have smelly shoes.
The first step is to avoid wearing shoes on bare feet because it is the main cause behind your mesh shoes becoming so dirty and smelly.
2. Do not Dampen Your Shoes:
Another cause of smelly shoes and legs is allowing your shoes to get damp knowing that bacteria thrive in the dark and damp environment.
To prevent smelly shoes, you need to put on very clean socks.
3. Use Quality Thick Socks:
The function of the socks is to absorb sweat from the feet and water from the shoes.
Do not use already used worn-out socks.
You should make sure that you have more than 10 pairs of quality thick socks to enable you to change them on a daily basis.
4. Make use of Foot Powder:
Some people experience odors even after wearing their clean socks.
In such situations, you need to sprinkle some foot powder which helps the foot to get dry and it should be done before lacing up.
5. Keep Your Shoes in Sunlight:
If you take a notice that your shoes are damp, then you need to leave them in the sunlight for natural dryness or deodorization from the sun.
7 Simple Step to Clean Your White Mesh Shoes at Home
Step 1: Start Cleaning from Day One
Maintenance of your sports mesh shoe from the first day of purchase should start on the go.
As you start jogging and running on the street, you need to have a white handkerchief or a quality art eraser to be used in cleaning of your shoe once you stop for a break.
Using this strategy will reduce the work of cleaning at the end of the day and it will also reduce your stress.
If you are using a white art eraser, you just have to rub it on the affected area and blow off the eraser.
Cleaning your sports shoes can be done on your break or while you are in transit.
If you want to clean on the go, there is a really handy product named as a Tide-To-Go Pen.
At the same time, you can also use a Shoe Cleaning Wipe.
They are very handy and will allow you to clean off any stains and stop it from penetrating into the fabrics of the mesh.
Stains can be wiped out after achieving a milestone when you are working out.
You are not restricted to bringing out any type of cleaner you have and cleaning up your white mesh shoes.
It’s easier to use and it also helps in maintaining the color of your shoes.
Click here to know More on cleaning up your mesh white shoes on Nike Site.
Summer is synonymous with white sneakers but keeping them clean is not easy.
Some sports lovers see it as a tough task to achieve after road tripping, jogging or running around the city.
But you don’t need to worry because we have gotten your back covered with our unique procedure and outlined strategies and step by step procedures.
Items to Be Used for a Thorough Cleaning of Your White Mesh Shoes:
a. Warm and Cold Water
b. Bristled Toothbrush (Soft)
c. Laundry Detergent
d. White Vinegar
e. Plastic Spray Bottle
f. Soft Cloth
Step 2: Use Bristled Toothbrush for Scrubbing the Shoe Areas
The light soil needs to be removed from the white mesh shoes or sneakers using a stiff-bristle brush to scrub the sole of the shoe.
If the top parts of the shoe have dirt on it, you can equally scrub it until the mesh surface is cleaned.
Use your boiler or heater to warm three cups of water; add one teaspoon of mild dish soap.
You need to stir the water thoroughly until suds form.
Get an used toothbrush and dampen it with the soapy mixture.
Watch the following video that shows you how you can use soft bristled toothbrush and soap water to clean your white mesh shoes.
Step 3: Soak Your Shoes in Lukewarm Water
Remove the lace from your white mesh shoes or sneakers and soak the shoes in the lukewarm water.
Now you can leave it until a greater percentage of the dirt is gone.
You can even change the water if the dirt on your shoes is in greater amount.
Step 4: Make Use of Laundry Detergent
Do not forget to wash your laces because they need to be in mint conditions as the rest of the shoes.
Damp laundry detergent over the dirt areas of the laces and place them in a delicate bag to launder.
They should be allowed to air dry.
The areas surrounding the laces should not be left out while the entire shoe is getting air dried.
Step 5: Use Stain Remover to Clean The Remaining Dirt
Your aim should be to totally cleanse the shoes.
Therefore, you should remove it from the water and check if they are still looking grimy.
Then you need an all-purpose stain lifter or quality stain remover to mist the shoes.
Use the stain lifter to spray the shoes until you are sure that they are damp to the touch.
You need to scrub the shoes in a circular motion using a bristle brush or an used tooth brush.
The surface of your mesh shoes and the sole should be looking so clean as if it’s already a new one.
Here is an interesting video that shows you how you can remove very tough stains from your white mesh shoes easily at your home. Take a look.
Step 6: Dry Your White Mesh Shoes Properly
Time to get your shoes dried up.
If you want them to get dried within a short time, you need to use a crumpled paper towel.
You can stuff them inside the shoes for a few hours.
You can also get the shoes dried up by placing or hanging them outside in the summer.
Step 7: Make Use of Vinegar Only if it is Necessary
The Vinegar Method
If you find out after step 3 that there are still stains on the shoe, or if the white mesh has tuned yellow.
In this case, you need to apply the vinegar method.
Bring out the vinegar bottle (remember it is one of the requirements).
The white vinegar should be sprayed on the discolored spots and allow it to dry in the sun.
The vinegar and the sun rays will naturally whiten the mesh.
You can enable it to dry up till 40mins or more.
Important Caution: Do Not Use Washing Machine!
You are advised never to use the washing machine because the wear and tear of the machine will weaken the mesh, and the heat of the drier will weaken the brightness of the colors.
Though it is a faster way of washing, it is not recommended due to the adverse effect it will have on your new white mesh shoes.
Also, avoid bleaching the laces of your shoes because it weakens the fiber.
The procedure outlined in this article is the best when it comes to washing and maintaining your new or used white mesh shoes as well as sneakers.
You may end up hamming your shoes or destroying the mesh if you use other methods.
So we highly recommend you to follow our 7 step procedure as mentioned above.
This way you can easily and harmlessly clean your white mesh shoes at your home.
Newly Added 5 Extra Methods to Clean Your White Mesh Sneakers, Shoes and Boots
If you are still looking for extra cleaning methods to keep dirt off of your precious white mesh shoes, then today I am adding 5 extra methods.
I am sure these methods will further help you to get rid of stubborn scuff marks and dirt from your white colored footwear.
Method No. 1: Cleaning Your While Colored Mesh Shoes with Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide
You can easily get rid of all kinds of dirt and mud from your new white sneakers and shoes with this method.
This is a combination method where you will use a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
The procedure is as follows.
Thing You Will Require:
1. Half Tablespoon of Hydrogen Peroxide Solution
2. Half Tablespoon of Water
3. 1 Tablespoon of Pure Baking Soda
4. Soft Bristled Toothbrush
5. Small Pot
Actual Cleaning Procedure:
1. Take a pot and pour half tablespoon of Hydrogen Peroxide Solution in it.
2. Then pour one tablespoon of water and again one tablespoon of Pure Baking Soda in the pot.
3. Now mix this liquid solution properly with the help of your soft bristled toothbrush.
4. Now first clean your white mesh shoes with the help of a cotton cloth.
5. And now slowly apply this solution to your shoes with the toothbrush.
6. Rub the areas nicely where the scuff marks and dirt are visible more prominently.
7. Once done, let your shoes dry for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
8. Then rinse the shoes with clean water and let them dry again for few hours.
I recommend you to also watch the following video where the actual procedure is performed step by step.
This will give you a clear idea about what exactly you will have to do.
Method No. 2: Using Bleach to Clean White Mesh Footwear
This method is also easy to implement at your home. Bleach is a bit harsh cleaning agent.
So, my recommendation is to use it in limited quantity.
You will need water to reduce its concentration.
It is also required for you to use hand gloves while applying bleach to your shoes.
This will keep your hands safe and clean.
You will need few things to carry out this cleaning process which are as follows.
Things You Will Need:
1. 1 Tablespoon of Bleach Solution
2. 5 Tablespoon of Clean Water
3. Scrub Brush or a Toothbrush
5. Cotton Cloth
1. First, you will need a pot where you can mix bleach and water solution.
2. Then take 1 Tablespoon of bleach and 5 tablespoon of water.
3. Pour them both in the pot and mix them well.
4. Now keep a scrub brush or a toothbrush in the solution for few minutes to soak the solution well.
5. Use your hand gloves and then apply the soaked scrub brush or a toothbrush on your dirty and unclean white sneakers or shoes.
6. Clean the scuff marks and dirt marks properly with the brush.
7. Once you are finished, clean your shoes with the water again.
8. Now wipe off any excess water from your shoes with the help of a dry cotton cloth.
9. Let the shoes become dry by keeping them under your stairs or in the room corner for few hours.
To get more clear idea, watch the following video. It will show you how to use bleach on white sneakers.
Method No. 3: Try White Toothpaste to Clean White Sneakers and Shoes
Believe it or not! Just like your teeth, a while non-gel toothpaste can also clean your stained white sneakers and shoes.
White toothpaste has a perfect cleaning chemical solution that is suitable for your dirty shoes to clean.
This procedure is very similar to brushing your teeth.
Instead of teeth, you are applying toothpaste to your new shoes. So, you will have to do it carefully and with proper care.
Things You Will Need:
2. Soft Bristled Toothbrush
4. Wet Cotton Cloth
Actual Cleaning Procedure:
1. Take any old cotton cloth and wet it with water.
2. Now wet your dirty white mesh shoes with the help of this damp cotton cloth.
Make sure that your footwear does not get soaked in the water.
It should be damp enough so that you can apply the toothpaste to it properly.
3. Now take any white colored non-gel toothpaste and apply some of the paste on the shoes with the help of your fingers.
Apply the paste prominently on the areas where more scuff marks, stain marks and dirt are present.
4. Once you apply the toothpaste completely, then rub it and apply more clearly on the shoes with the help of your old soft bristled toothbrush.
5. Now take wet cotton cloth and wipe away all the dirt and toothpaste that has been applied to the surface of your shoes.
6. Your shoes will shine and will become white again with this simple yet effective home remedy.
To know the procedure in more detail, kindly watch the following video.
Method No. 4: Use of Oxiclean Stain Remover to Get Rid of Dirt from Your White Mesh Shoes
Oxiclean Stain Remover is one of the finest stain remover brands in US.
It is a versatile and multi-purpose stain cleaner product which you can use for clothes as well as for cleaning dirty white mesh shoes.
This method is safer and cleaner as compared to using bleach directly on your shoes.
The procedure for the same is provided as follows.
Things You Will Need:
1. Six Ounces of Oxiclean Stain Remover
2. Warm Water
3. A Soft Bristled Toothbrush
4. Dry Cotton Cloth
Actual Cleaning Process:
1. Take a hot or warm water in small container.
2. Mix 6 ounces of Oxiclean Stain Remover powder in the water.
3. Take a soft bristled toothbrush and mix the solution well.
4. Now take out soaked toothbrush and start scrubbing the dirty areas of your white mesh shoes.
5. Before that you can also dampen your shoes with the help of wet cotton cloth.
6. Scrub the areas well where dirt and mud is more visible.
7. Move the toothbrush in circular motion always to get the best results.
8. Once done, wipe off all the dirt and muddy foam from your shoes with the help of wet cotton cloth.
9. Let your shoes become dry for few hours.
Method No. 5: Using Reshoevn8r Shoe Cleaning Kit to Remove Dirt from Your White Mesh Footwear
This is a bonus cleaning method that I have seen producing some great results in very less time.
It is easy to implement and you get all in one shoe cleaning kit with this product.
Reshoevn8r is all rounder shoe cleaning kit which includes 4 oz. of advanced cleaning solution.
Along with this solution, you also get all purpose cleaning brush, laundry bag and adjustable shoe tree all in one package.
You can use this cleaning solution for all kinds of mesh shoes viz. leather, nubuck, canvas, etc.
With this solution, you can clean up to 50 pairs of shoes at any given time.
The best thing about this solution is it does not contain any harmful colored dye which can damage the color and material of your mesh shoes.
The cleaning procedure for Reshoevn8r is provided as follows.
Things You Will Need:
1. Reshoeven8r Shoe Cleaning Kit
2. Small Container
3. Washing Machine
Actual Cleaning Procedure:
1. The process is very simple and straightforward.
First, you will need Reshoeven8r advanced cleaning solution in the container.
2. Then insert the given shoe tree inside your mesh shoes to keep them straight.
It is much more comfortable to clean the shoes when you use these shoe trees.
3. Now use different kinds of cleaning brushes to use the cleaning solution on your mesh shoes.
4. Scrub the dirty areas of your shoes clearly and carefully.
You will need a soft bristled brush for cleaning mesh upper and medium hard cleaning brush to clean the midsole and outsole of your shoe.
5. Once this cleaning is done, place these shoes inside a laundry bag which is provided in this cleaning kit.
6. Now, its time to wash these shoes in your washing machine.
Adjust the settings to small load and cold water in your washing machine.
Now start the machine and let it do its cleaning task.
7. Once the washing is done, take out the shoes and let them dry for few hours.
To know how to use this shoe cleaning kit to clean your dirty white mesh shoes, kindly watch the following video.