“How Do You Clean Timberland Boots with Vinegar?” One of my regular readers asked me this question in the last week. And here I am trying my best today to provide the best possible method to do so.
Are you an avid fan of Timberland Boots? These days, Timberland boot is not just remained as a regular work boot but it has become a fashion statement.
These boots are ideally constructed for construction and industry workers. They are made in such a way that it attracts more dirt and stains wherever you go.
Although, they have become regular fashionable boots in our everyday life, they still need lots of cleaning on a regular basis.
If you do not maintain these boots properly, the overall life span of these types of footwear deteriorates over the time. To maintain the color and durability of your Timberland boot, you can implement some of the simplest home remedies.
There are certain methods available where you can clean and maintain your Timberland work boots with the help of easy to available household products or items. White vinegar is one of those products.
Many people have some kind of confusion when it comes to using vinegar for cleaning Timberland boots. In this article, you will get the exact method of using vinegar to remove dirt and stains from your favourite suede and leather boots. So, keep reading further.
Why Vinegar is Perfect for Cleaning Timberland Boots?
There are quite a few reasons which makes vinegar the best natural cleaning agent. It is very safe and easy to use. You can use white vinegar for removing dirt and stains from your uncleaned Timberland boots safely.
1. It is quite harmless. Vinegar is a natural remedy which can be used on all kinds of black, brown and yellow boots. Whether it is suede or leather, you can apply vinegar on both types of boots.
2. It is cost effective cleaning agent. Yes, you can find it at your home or you can get it online. It is very cheap. And you don’t need to use expensive boot cleaning products for the same.
3. It is easy to implement. It takes just few minutes to apply vinegar on any kind of Timberland boot. The process is rather very simple and it takes just 5-10 minutes to clean your boots with this cleaning agent.
Actual Process of Cleaning Your Timberland Boots with White Vinegar
The Things that You will Require:
1. 1 cup of water
2. Soft cotton cloth
3. 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
4. A suede or leather cleaning brush
If you don’t have white vinegar at your home, then click here to order it from online stores. With white vinegar, it is really simple to clean all kinds of Timberland boots. The cleaning process is mentioned as follows.
Method No. 1 : Remove Salt Stains from Timberland Boots with White Vinegar
1. First take one tablespoon of white vinegar and pour it in a small cup.
2. Now pour 1 cup of water in it and mix the solution. This is done to dilute the concentration of vinegar.
3. Now take a soft cotton cloth and dip it inside the solution. Keep it for few minutes to absorb the solution inside the cloth properly.
4. Now take out the cotton cloth and now start rubbing softly on your boots.
5. Now here you need to rub those parts where you see stains more collectively.
6. Once you rub the affected parts clearly, its time to let it dry for few minutes.
7. Finally, just use a suede or leather cleaning brush to remove the remaining soft marks or stains from your boots. If you don’t have the suede or leather cleaning brush, then click here to get it online.
White vinegar is a great cleaning agent which effectively removes salt stains from Timberland boots. This is more efficient cleaning method to remove very tough stains from your boots.
Precaution to Take: The only precaution in this method that you will have to take is to use a clean and stain free cotton cloth. If your cloth is somewhat dirty and full of stains, then this method will not work as expected.
The stains that are created from wine, different food items, and salt; can be removed with the help of white vinegar. Plus, it is very safe and harmless for your boots. Because vinegar never damages any leather or suede material boots.
Method No. 2 : How to Shine Your Dirty Timberland Boots with Vinegar
If your new Timberland boots have become dirty due to mud and dirt then also you can make use of vinegar to shine your boots.
The Things You Will Require:
1. 1 Tablespoon of Vinegar
2. 2 Tablespoons of Linseed Oil
3. Leather Conditioner Bottle
4. Cotton Cloth
Actual Process to Shine Your Timberland Boots with Vinegar
2. You will also require a professional leather conditioner. Once you have it, mix it with the already prepared mixture of vinegar and linseed oil.
3. Now take soft cotton cloth and dip it into the mixture and keep it for few minutes to allow proper absorption of the liquid.
4. Then use that cotton cloth to apply on the boot from one to another. Rub it completely on every nuke and corner of your boot.
5. Once done, leave it for 10-15 minutes to dry.
6. Finally, buff your boots with another dry cotton cloth to make it look new and shiny once again.
Method No. 3 : Use of Baby Wipes, Bread Slices, Talcum Powder and Vinegar
This is a bit unique and fun to experiment method that you can easily implement at your home.
Things You will Require:
1. 1-4 Bread Slices
2. 1-4 Units of Baby Wipes
3. 1-2 Tablespoon of Talcum Powder
4. Vinegar Solution
5. Cotton Cloth
Actual Procedure to Remove Dirt from Timberland Boots
1. First you will need to remove existing dirt and stains from your boot before applying the mixture of vinegar.
2. So, take baby wipes and gently massage them on your boots to clean the surface. Baby wipes are safe and harmless for cleaning leather boots.
3. Once you use baby wipes, its time to make use of bread slices. Take few slices and scrub the stains gently with the help of these slices for few minutes. This is a best soft scrubber that you can find at your house.
4. Here, you can even use a fine-grade sandpaper or a pencil eraser to get rid of scuff marks or stains from your Timberland boots.
5. Once this process is done, take 1-2 tablespoons of talcum powder and sprinkle it on the area where tough stains and scuff marks are still present and visible.
6. Put it in the same condition for 1 night or for 3-4 hours at least.
7. Now its time to use our trusty vinegar solution. Just add vinegar into the water to make it less concentrated. Now use this solution with the help of a cotton cloth on your boots.
8. Once done, let them dry for next few hours.
I think this combo cleaning method is really best and most efficient one. No matter what types of stains or scuff marks are there on your boot, this cleaning method will definitely produce the best results possible.
Method No. 4 : A Bit Aggressive Method to Clean Tough Stains from Your Timberland Boots
If you find that some stains are still there on your boots even after using white vinegar method and boot polish method, then there is one more method for you to try.
To remove more tough and stubborn stains and dirt from your boots, you will need the following things.
Things That You Will Need:
1. Pure Vinegar
2. A Toothbrush
3. Suede or Leather Cleaning Brush
Before using this method, I want to warn you that this is a bit aggressive and rough method. It needs to be used only when you have tried all the other easier methods and still not been able to remove tough stains of your boot.
Ok, so that warning is done. Now we will learn the actual procedure.
A Process to Remove Tough Stains from Your Timberland Boots with Pure Vinegar
1. Take your used or worn out toothbrush from home.
2. Pour few drops of pure vinegar on to it.
3. Now use this vinegar soaked toothbrush on your boot.
4. Rub it properly on the affected area for 1-2 minutes.
5. Do it more gently. Do not press toothbrush harder while rubbing it on your boot.
6. Once the rubbing is done, let your boot become dry for few minutes.
7. In the end, just use a suede or leather cleaning brush to remove any remaining dirt or light stains from your boot.
This is a really simple and time tested method that you can try from the comfort of your home. If you don’t have pure vinegar then click here to order it online.
If you want to view the actual cleaning process in more depth, then check out the following video to learn how to do it practically.
Precautions to Take While Cleaning Your Timberland Boots with Vinegar
Some people put the boots near any type of heat source available in their home to allow them dry faster. This is a big mistake guys. Don’t ever do it.
Because if you do it, then your boots are at risk of getting a partial material damage. Always make sure that you allow your boots to dry naturally once you implement any type of cleaning method that is mentioned above.
The smell of vinegar after cleaning your boots will go away after a day or two. So, don’t worry about after effects of using vinegar on your boots. The smell is the only minor issue which usually disappears in 1-2 days automatically.
We have seen about 4 most efficient cleaning methods till now. I firmly believe that cleaning your Timberland boots with the help of vinegar is safe and harmless.
You can implement any of the above 4 methods that suits your need. Just keep your boots clean and increase their life span. So, you don’t have to purchase new boots more often.