Converse Chuck Taylor All Star 2 Sneaker Review – My Honest Insights
Are you a fan of Converse Chuck Taylor All Star sneakers? If you really loved those sneakers, I have good news for you guys. Converse has recently announced and released its one of the most successful sneakers series, known as Chuck Taylor All Star sneakers. For those of you who are already using the first line of sneakers, you are about to get your hands on all new Converse Chuck Taylor All Star 2 Sneakers.
But before we decide to purchase these sneakers, let’s dive deep into pros and cons of this new sneaker series. We all know when any well known shoe manufacturer finds the winner in their sneaker line-up; they always try to get on the success wheel by producing more of those sneakers with just few changes here and there. Most of the times, there is no significant change in the overall structure and model of the new sneaker series.
I don’t know about you guys. But at least this is my own experience when it comes to reviewing new lines of sneakers that come after the success of their predecessors. So without going by first impression, I always try to check out the experiences of other people who have already seen and handled the new sneakers first hand.
By this way, you can get a good overall view and opinion about the new sneakers in question. So without further ado, let us get into the actual meat of this article.
Little Background Overview of Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Basketball Sneaker:
If you don’t know about the history of this sneaker, kindly pay attention here. Converse is producing this Chuck Taylor All Star sneaker since 1917. In 1921, the company started manufacturing the sneaker under the name of the then famous basketball player, Charles H Chuck Taylor. He suggested lots of design improvements to the sneaker.
It was him who suggested adding protective patch for the ankles of the sneaker. This obviously brought out a big change in the overall design of the shoe which in turn led to unique round reinforcement along with its star shaped logo on the side of the sneaker.
In the year 1932, the company added the signature of Taylor on the sneaker. Even after the death of Taylor in 1969, Converse did not change anything which was a big surprise for most people. When Nike purchased Converse company in 2003, the company did not change Converse shoes to a large extent and continued marketing the brand under the same name.
I believe many famous personalities like Michelle Obama, Rihanna, Jonas Brothers, Elvis Presley, Kurt Cobain, James Dean and several others consistently used the earlier version of Chuck Taylor All Star sneaker. Now most of the people might be thinking that if something is already very successful and famous, then why produce new ones and take risk.
But when it comes to Nike and Converse, we all know that they are known for their unique brand, creative footwear designs and the ability to take new risks and becoming successful in new ventures too. So I expected the trend in some ways.
Before we check out the actual features, let us take a closer look at the actual video unboxing review by Mr. Chris Ramos on Youtube. Watch it carefully and you will get a good idea about this new sneaker.
So, What are the Unique Features of This Latest Converse Chuck Taylor All Star 2 Sneaker?
At the recent launch event of this shoe, company president and CEO Jim Calhoun mentioned it as not just a new sneaker but a completely new way of thinking. The 100 year old American shoe company also stated that this brand has become an icon of creativity, fashion, trend and self-expression for several artists, musicians and other creative folks along with regular basketball players.
1. The company has completely revamped and extremely streamlined the overall aesthetics for low-cut as well as high-top designs.
2. The real game changer for this particular Converse Chuck Taylor All star 2 sneaker is the incorporation of Lunarlon sockliner created by its parent company, Nike. Nike Lunarlon cushioning technology has been used in the sneaker that offers optimum arch support, highest comfort and a foamy cushion for your feet.
This makes a very big difference because the earlier Chuck Taylor version was very uncomfortable and it was hurting the heels and soles of the feet after wearing for long duration. But now with the inclusion of this game-changer Lunarlon Sockliner technology, the sneaker has become very comfortable and highly supportive for your ankles, heels, and soles.
3. Now the newer version has extremely comfortable arch support as well as cushioning that is great to experience.
4. The sneaker has incorporated very comfortable and cushy padded non-slippery tongue.
5. The foam padded collar of this sneaker is also really supportive and comfortable.
6. It has included a well perforated micro-suede upper liner with impressive looks and design which is highly breathable too. This means your feet will remain dry and warm for longer period of time.
7. Converse has completely used a premium quality canvas material viz. Tencel Canvas for manufacturing of this Chuck Taylor All Star 2 sneaker. This particular fabric is more thick and durable than the previous canvas material used in the earlier Chuck Taylor All Star sneaker.
8. The branded license plate is well complemented with embroidered patch, HD design and molded as well as matching color eyelets.
2. The sneaker is available in multiple colors such as red, white, black and blue. Therefore, you can choose the sneaker as per your choice and requirements.
3. It is considered as not just any other regular sneaker by industry experts. But experts believe that this particular Converse Chuck Taylor sneaker is a complete game changer. This is definitely a next-generation sneaker which is more suitable for young generation in the year 2015 and beyond.
4. Most of the new versions of this sneaker can cost you anywhere from 70 bucks to just 75 bucks. So this one is definitely highly economic version which also looks classy and more stylish by its appearance.
5. These specific Converse sneakers are highly durable and comfortable in nature. You can wear them for long duration of time with full comfort and support.
6. The arch support and comfort is extremely good with this Converse sneaker.
7. You can wear these sneakers for longer duration of time period without getting tired or fatigued. This is especially helpful for folks who work for long hours standing on their own feet. The sneaker helps you alleviate your foot pain and lowers the impact created by long hour standing.
1. Though the new premium canvas material is more rigid and strong by nature, it is also somewhat time consuming to break in this sneaker.
2. The position where canvas material meets the rubber toe of the sneaker is more prone to cause blisters. This place is hard to wear down and highly reinforced by design. So if you are suffering from foot blisters, I recommend you use thick socks or some other protection for your feet before you use these sneakers.
I have written a complete guide explaining why you need to wear good quality ankle socks with your Converse sneakers. Click here to check it out.
3. When we look at the overall structure of the new sneaker, it does not seem like a high performance basketball shoe. But all in all it does not have to work like that. Because Nike produces lots of such high performance basketball shoes. This new Converse sneaker is specially made for people who demand more comfortable and stylish sneakers.
The earlier version lacked enhanced comfort which is not the case in this sneaker. The use of premium quality canvas, well padded tongue, comfortable cushioning, high arch support and very impressive looks make this sneaker as one of the highly anticipated and desirable sneakers of 2015.
We rate it 4.5 out of 5 stars. We do not give it 5 out of 5 stars only because it is harder to break in and sometimes can cause blisters if you do not take proper precautions. Other than these cons, this sneaker is perfect for every person who is looking for a stylish, affordable, durable and comfortable Converse sneaker.