Columbia Women’s Minx Mid II Omni-Heat Winter Boot Review
Are you looking for warm and 100% waterproof winter boots for daily commute in cold and snowy regions? I know that most of the winter boots available in the market are either too bulky and heavy or very unattractive and ugly looking.
VBMBestReviews.com presents the most unique, comfortable, stylish and affordable pair of cold winter boots.
If you are a lady who is looking for a reliable and durable pair of boots to wear in this winter season, we recommend you try out Columbia Women's Minx Mid II Omni-Heat Winter Boot.
Read our unbiased review to understand the unique features of this winter boot.
What Features are Essential for Quality Winter Boots?
Winter boots are important for folks that live in very snowy and cold regions such as USA, Canada, etc. In such cold regions, it becomes critical to safeguard your feet from snow and ice. In order to keep your legs warm and dry, you need to wear good quality winter boots.
When it comes to choose a high quality winter boot, you need to take a closer look at some of the essential components. The most important component for a winter boot is a high quality material such as sheepskin, leather, fur-lined, rubber, and suede, etc.
The upper, toe box, liner, midsole and outsole of such winter boots are of great quality and comes with unique features.
These winter boots are usually 100% waterproof and provides good traction and support on slippery and snowy surfaces.
Along with these features, your winter boots must provide good insulation in order to keep your feet warm and dry in the cold region.
Our Review of Columbia Women’s Minx Mid II Omni-Heat Cold Winter Boot
Before diving into the actual features, here is a short video that explains a bit about this Columbia winter boot. Take a look.
Unique Features of Columbia Minx Mid 2 Winter Boot for Women
There are many more unique features of this winter boot such as 100% waterproof membrane construction, faux-fur at tongue and collar of upper, woven synthetic textile material, etc. All these components represent a good fashion icon.
The boot also comes with high quality traction outsole, about 200 gram of insulation and heat retaining Omni-Heat reflective lining technology. All these features are good enough to keep your legs warm, dry and comfortable in any kind of adverse cold weather.
The footbed of this boot is easily removable and is made up of contoured PU material that offers all-day comfort as well as good support.
The midsole provides good cushioning and energy retention due to the use of Techlite lightweight midsole technology which provides long lasting comfort and cushioning.
The outsole is made up of a unique Columbia Omni-Grip non-marking traction rubber which is highly comfortable and offers advanced traction and slip resistance.
Due to this unique gripping technology, you can comfortably use these boots for hiking, trail running, and walking in the ice and snow.
Our Observations Regarding Columbia Women’s Minx 2 Cold Winter Boot
1. This boot is about 10.5 inches tall and looks much more stylish and attractive as compared to the other winter boots available in the market.
2. The boot is 100% waterproof and its front side prohibits the entry of snow and ice. The waterproof material of this boot is made up of high quality nylon and leather that protects your feet from outside water and snow.
3. It also has a wide toe box made up of quilted nylon material that provides sufficient space for comfortable toe movements.
4. The material construction of the boot is very sturdy and protective towards your feet. At the same time, it is very flexible and comfortable.
5. The footbed is removable and offers good support for legs while walking in the ice and snow.
6. The faux-fur lined cuff runs about half way down and the part of your legs that touches this fur feels really soft, warm and cozy.
7. This Columbia winter boot is very easy to put on and lace up. A simple one pull on a lace helps you tighten the boot quickly.
8. When you take the boot in your hand, you will realize how lightweight and warm it is. It is surprisingly very lightweight and walking in these boots is very comfortable and much similar experience to walking barefoot.
9. It does an excellent job of keeping the moisture out even when you walk through muddy, icy and snowy regions.
10. The boot’s waterproof nylon component and breathable bottom offers good comfort and dry environment for your legs.
11. This Columbia Omni-Heat Winter Boot provides high amount of insulation which is close to 200 gram in terms of actual numbers.
The manufacturers have said that the boot operates well enough for the regions that have temperatures close to - 32 degree Celsius. This is why your feet stay very warm and dry in the cold regions.
12. The unique Columbia Omni-Heat reflective technology is very helpful in regulating the inner temperature.
It does so by reflecting and retaining the heat generated by our body. At the same time, it releases the excess body heat and moisture into the outer atmosphere.
This keeps your feet warm, dry and highly comfortable. And therefore, you will realize that these Columbia Women’s Minx Mid 2 winter boots operate very well in any adverse freezing temperatures.
13. The outsole of the boot has a high quality and unique tread which helps you navigate easily and safely through any kind of ice and snow.
14. Columbia Omni-Heat reflective technology is kind of very advanced traction technology which is designed to get good grip on any kind of slippery surfaces.
This technology helps the boot to hold tight on almost all types of terrains and provides good stability and traction in the snowy regions.
For very reasonable cost, these Columbia Women’s Minx Mid 2 Omni-Heat Winter Boots come in the most affordable winter boots categories.
This boot provides good warmth, protection, support and comfort in the cold regions.
Its ability to withstand low degree temperatures is equally promising. It is very easy to take on and off and it comes with stylish faux fur-lined cuff.
We found out that the outsole of this Columbia winter boot is somewhat thin and that is why it does lack some ankle support.
Other than this weakness, we really didn’t find any significant flaws.
As far as inexpensive, comfortable, protective and durable cold winter boot is concerned, Columbia Minx Mid 2 Boot for Women stands tall.
We highly recommend this boot to use in this winter season if you want more stylish, lightweight and supportive winter boots.
Overall, we give it 4 out of 5 stars.