Top 5 Best Motion Control Running Shoes for Men and Women 2018 Review
Before we dive into the actual reviews for the best motion control running shoes of 2018, let us check out the top 5 best quality motion control running footwear for both men and women along with their actual rating and price.
Best Motion Control Running Shoes for Men
Our Rating (Out of 5)
Best Motion Control Running Shoes for Women
Our Rating (Out of 5)
Buying Guide for Best Motion Control Running Shoes for Men and Women
How to Choose Motion Control Running Footwear?
There are many types of running shoes to choose from and for many people, it may be difficult to choose which ones to buy. For running shoes, they are categorized by the amount of stability they provide for the runner.
When it comes to motion control shoes, they are used when the runner has a foot that rolls inward. They are built to prevent the inward rolling; making it easier for the runner to achieve quicker times. It also helps you to reduce the risk of getting an injury to your feet.
When you are choosing the right kind of shoe, there are several factors that you need to take into account. Some of those factors are the shape of your foot, weight, and your biometrics. This particular guide will explore the top 5 motion control running shoes for both men and women across the globe.
Who Needs Motion Control Running Shoes the Most?
Motion control running shoes are ideal for runners who have overpronated feet i.e. feet that have a tendency to roll inward when a person is walking or running. This condition can cause several injuries such as plantar fasciitis, shin splints, and anterior compartments.
When someone has an overpronated foot, the rotation movement is exaggerated. This causes the muscles, tendons and ligaments to have additional strains. The inner part of your foot has to carry all the weight and for each step taken, it has to absorb all the shocks.
The motion control running shoe may also be worn by overweight runners who are looking for more stable running shoes. The only level of stability that can match the level of the motion control shoes only comes from the special orthotic insoles.
There are several ways in which you can tell if a runner has overpronated feet when they walk or run. The first way is to look at the way they are standing. If the inside of the foot lacks an arch or touches the floor, then they may have feet which are overpronated.
Another method is to look for the shoes that they have worn for a while. If the inner soles are more worn out then, they may have the condition. The third method is called as the “Wet Foot Test”. You will have to wet the bottom of the feet and then you will have to step on a piece of paper or a wooden floor where you will be able to leave your foot print.
Check out the following video where you will learn how to do this wet foot test.
For an average foot, only the toes, heel and a strip that connects the two will be visible. However, when a person has overpronated feet, they leave an entire foot imprinted on the paper, and the inner sole can be clearly seen.
2 Unique Features of Best Motion Control Running Shoes
1.Reliable Medial Support: The medial support is the main feature of motion control running footwear. This discourages the inward rolling as it runs the entire length of inside part of the foot. By having the medial support, it is tough for the inner edge to wear out which can cause the foot to roll.
2.Reliable and Durable Midsole: A motion control running shoe should be more rigid than your typical running shoes. Many running shoes contain extra cushioning which makes them very flexible. Such types of shoes should be avoided by you if you have even more excessively overpronated feet.
Motion-control shoes have a sturdy and durable midsole made up of polyurethane. Additionally, they are made from durable rubber material and their usual shape of the shoe is straight.
So, we have almost covered the basic features and the actual need of these kinds of motion control shoes. It is now time to actually review our carefully researched and reviewed top 5 motion control running shoes for men as well as for women for 2018.
Reviews of Top 5 Best Motion Control Running Shoes for Men
We have extensively gone through the reviews and recommendations of several past customers online. Then we prepared a list of potentially high quality motion control running shoes.
And finally after careful research and scrutiny, we have come up with the 5 most comfortable and feature rich motion control running shoes for men. Check out our following reviews.
No. 5: Merrell Men's All Out Peak Trail Running Shoe Review
Merrell Men's All Out Peak Trail Running Shoecan traverse the toughest of terrain. Their debut showcases a Vibram MegaGrip outsole which is very sturdy in nature. It also offers outstanding traction while dealing with slippery surfaces.
It has thin film located just above the tongue to prevent small debris from entering the shoe. At the same time, the soft midsole does a commendable job of absorbing the shock and dispersing it across the feet.
The sole of this shoe is equipped with everything you need to put some dirt beneath your feet and walk away from the civilization. The new Merrell’s HyperWrap system ensures a perfect fitting that makes the shoe very comfortable.
In addition to the comfort features, the shoe also sports a trail protect pad. This pad does a good job of protecting the bottom of your feet when you are in rough or rocky terrain.
1. Uni-Fly Midsole: This shoe features distinctive Uni-Fly midsole which is both responsive and protective. This midsole possesses trail protect pads that prevent bruising from the rough and rugged terrain. It is also highly comfortable, lightweight and offers good shock absorption.
2. Breathable Mesh Lining: The shoe also has the synthetic leather and Air Mesh linings that make the shoe highly breathable. The footbed is removable and treated with M-Select Fresh material that has great shoe odor control and antimicrobial properties.
3. Unique Reflective Design: For increased visibility, the shoe contains reflective designing. If you run at the dusk time or in the evening time, it is especially beneficial for running with this shoe in the low light.
4. 6mm Heel-to-Toe Drop: This specific Merrell All Out Peak motion control running shoe provides a drop from heel to toe of approx. 6mm. This is really useful for runners with neutral pronating feet.
5. Vibram Megagrip Outsole: This men’s running shoe offers a great Vibram anti-slip technology. This obviously enhances your grip and traction on the muddy and slippery surfaces.
6. HyperWrap 360-degree Fit System: This new fitting technology makes sure that your foot fits perfectly inside the shoe. It really helps to increase the overall agility and stability by locking your foot in place.
1. Enhanced Comfort and Safety: The upper part is breathable which increases comfort and the reflective design provides added safety when running in low light.
2. Improved Foot Stability and Agility: The HyperWrap fit system does an excellent job in keeping the foot stable and increases agility.
3. Perfect Fitting: The shoe is true to form and width. It offers perfect true to size fitting for people with overpronated feet.
4. Greater Sole Protection: The Trail Protect Technology comes in use when hiking through harsh terrain. It also enhances the sole durability and protects it well while walking and running through rough and uneven terrains.
1. Narrow Fitting: Some past customers have reported that the shoe has a narrow fitting. Now this could be due to inappropriate size ordering and it is not yet widely confirmed.
2. Might not be Highly Durable: some customers say that this running shoe is not that much durable and has a short life span. According to several other customers, this is not yet experienced to a greater extent. So, you can really test these shoes to see the actual results.
Merrell Men’s All Out Peak Trail Running Shoeis really comfortable and supportive to use for your regular running activities. If you have overpronated feet, it is really a good motion control shoe which is stable enough for you. If you run regularly through rough terrain then we highly recommend using these shoes for a comfortable and injury free running experience. We rate it 3 out of 5.
No. 4: Saucony Men's Cohesion 9 Running Shoe Review
With the Saucony Men’s Cohesion 9 running shoes, you can step up your daily training regime. This shoe combines Heel Grid System with Flex Grooves to give its user a responsive cushion that has adequate support for those who are moderate overpronators.
This particular Saucony men’s running shoe is better in various departments such as its cushioning, comfort, durability factors as compared to its predecessors. You can use it not just for your daily walking and running schedules but also for your daily usage.
1. 28 mm Heel Height: This 28 mm heel height makes your shoes very comfortable to walk in any kind of environment. Even if you mistakenly step on the debris, your feet will not experience the pain and discomfort due to this heel height.
2. XT600 Rubber Outsole: The outsole of this shoe is made from high quality XT600 rubber material. It gives you good cushioning, traction, comfort and durability.
3. Mesh and Synthetic Upper: The upper of this Saucony men’s running shoe consists of mesh and synthetic material. This uniquely redesigned upper improves the comfort and support for your feet. It also offers you a great fitting, breathability and higher comfort levels.
4. Heel Grid System: The Heel Grid System of this Saucony shoe is responsible for higher cushioning and stability. This system possesses heel foam which again gives you added comfort and cushioning in your heel area.
5. Deep Flex Grooves: The forefoot of the shoe comes with advanced Deep Flex Grooves. They offer the higher responsiveness and flexibility for your feet while running.
6. EVA Foam Midsole: The midsole of this shoe is built with EVA foam material. This material gives your feet the much required protection from shock impacts during running. It also improves the amount of comfort and cushioning of your shoe.
1. Very Lightweight: The men’s running shoe weighs about 283 grams. Therefore, the shoe is already very lightweight and thus offers great comfort while running with this shoe. This also helps you to run for long distances without getting discomfort and fatigue.
2. Enhanced Durability: This Saucony Cohesion running shoe is also very durable in nature. It is built with carbon rubber material known as XT600. It is placed in such a way that the overall life span of your shoe is automatically increased.
3. Perfect for Neutral Runners: If you have low arch, then this is the perfect shoe that helps neutral pronators such as you. Thus, it offers you very high support as well as right cushioning for your feet while running.
4. Comfortable Fitting and Sizing: The shoe comes with improved mesh and synthetic upper which automatically adjusts with your foot size. It is also built with great cushioning system and comfortable rubber outsole. Thus, it gives you perfect fitting for your overpronated feet.
1. Higher Heel-to-Toe Drop: The Saucony Cohesion 9 shoe has about 12 mm heel-to-toe drop. This may cause some discomfort for some runners.
2. Low Cushioning in the Forefoot: If you are a long-distance runner, you might feel some difficulties and discomfort in your forefoot area. This shoe offers less amount of cushioning in your forefoot area.
The Saucony Cohesion 9 Men’s Running Shoe is a versatile neutral running shoe. It gives you higher stability, comfort, cushioning, durability, support, and breathability while running for long distances. It has lots of unique features and benefits that are beneficial for runners with overpronated feet. We give it 3.5 out of 5.
No. 3: ASICS Men's GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe Review
The ASICS Gel-Venture 5 Running Shoes are designed for those who love off-road running. It provides the ultimate support and fits fantastically to assist the runner transition seamlessly through a variety of movements.
The deep grooves and rubber soles provide traction for any terrain making it ideal for long distance runners. ASICS venture design and technology has made this shoe stable and has enhanced its performance through a variety of technological improvements.
1. Breathable Mesh Upper Design: The upper of this shoe is made up of highly breathable mesh and synthetic overlay. The heel collar as well as tongue of the upper gives you great fitting.
This lightweight shoe also has a removable sockliner which is useful in case you want to use orthotics in your shoe. Such a quality breathable upper design gives the user an excellent and comfortable trail running experience.
2. Padded Tongue and Heel Collar: This specific ASICS motion control running shoe enhances customized fitting and almost gives you true to size and width fitting. Thanks to the inclusion of padded tongue and the heel collar.
It offers high step-in comfort and stability for your feet while you perform long distance running. This padded upper also improves the overall cushioning your feet gains while you wear these shoes.
3. Removable Insoles: It has a removable foam cushion insole and a breathable textile lining. If you are a runner who needs to insert additional orthotics then you will be happy to know that these shoes have completely replaceable insoles.
4. Rarefoot Gel Cushioning System: For shock absorption, this shoe features a Rearfoot Gel cushioning system. You will experience very smooth transitions while running in these ASICS men’s shoes.
5. AHAR Rubber Technology: A lug traction outsole that features AHAR® rubber technology. This technology immensely helps you to obtain solid grip and traction on multiple types of surfaces. This AHAR rubber system also offers high wear resistance along with improved durability.
1. Better Grip: Most users have noticed that this particular version offers better grip. This 5th version is much better in terms of grip and traction as compared to its predecessors.
2. Better Foot Support: At the same time, this specific ASICS Gel Venture fifth version gives very good support for your feet while running. Based on some reviews, the shoe provides sufficient support for the users.
3. Enhanced Durability: Due to the inclusion of AHAR rubber outsoles, the shoe’s life span has been drastically improved. The ASICS High Abrasion Rubber provides excellent durability.
4. Good Amount of Shock Absorption: Along with the above features, this ASICS running shoe also comes with the Rearfoot Gel Cushioning system. This technology is really good in providing smooth transitions and excellent shock absorption at the time of running.
5. Better Efficiency at Less Price: If you are looking for an affordable motion control running shoe for men, we can not recommend the better shoe than this one. This particular shoe is really affordable and can be ranked as a high performance running shoe in this category.
1. Somewhat Uncomfortable to Use: Some runners have claimed that the shoe may be slightly uncomfortable to use. Some also say that it may cause an ankle pain for some runners.
2. Narrow Fitting: Some users have reported that the shoe is little bit narrow in terms of fitting.
The 5th version of Asics Gel Venture shoes has improved features compared to its predecessors. If you are looking for a shoe for light trail running that will not wear you down, then this is a good option. Its reasonable price and high material quality makes it very appealing for beginner as well as intermediate stage male runners with overpronated feet. We give it 4.0 out of 5 for its sheer performance, protection and better cushioning features.
No. 2: Salomon Men's Speedcross 3 CS Trail Running Shoe Review
Salomon Speedcross 3 CS men’s running shoe is a tried and tested design that has remained virtually unchanged. And with its impeccable performance, it has able to accrue a massive following.
Its arrow-shaped lugs offer huge grip unrivaled by any other shoe and its design is extremely durable. The shoe provides a well-cushioned ride that makes it perfect for long trails and mountain adventures.
1. Unique Climashield Membrane: This Climashield Membrane is placed on the front of the tongue and the shoe. It greatly helps in making the shoe waterproof. At the same time, the breathable lining keeps your feet comfortable for those long trails.
2. Anti-Debris Mesh Upper Design: The anti-debris mesh upper ensures that you can master any trail, however, rough it may be. It has also easy to handle Quicklace system.
3. Sensifit Technology: This shoe has a Sensifit Design Technology that is combined with a one-pull lace system for that perfect fitting. You will have excellent ground feeling while running in these shoes. This technology plays a pivotal role in offering great stability and step-in comfort for your feet.
4. Unique Quicklace System: This Salomon Men’s Speedcross 3 CS shoe possesses unique Quicklace system that offers good amount of stability and support during running. It also helps in customized fitting so that you feel that that this shoe is specifically manufactured just to suit your requirements. The Quicklace System keeps those laces tucked away to give the shoe attractive and sleek look.
5. Injected EVA Midsole: This injected EVA midsole offers you complete coverage for your heels, forefoot as well as for your underfoot. This EVA material provides better underfoot cushioning and responsive platform for long distance running. It also offers excellent shock absorption.
6. ContaGrip Rubber Outsole: The ContaGrip rubber outsole is made from tough and durable rubber compound. It gives its user a secure footing on mud, snow, and rock. It is non-marking by nature so that you will not leave any traces while trail running. This outsole also gives you better grip and traction.
1. Better Waterproof Capability: Water repellent textile gives the shoe an almost waterproof protection providing you better safety on wet grounds and rainy days.
2. Protective Material at the Shoe Base: The mudguard protection at the base of the shoe keeps off the mud from weighing you down.
3. Lacing Saves Time: As already mentioned above, the shoe comes with unique Quicklace System. This type of lacing system saves you a great deal of time. This system possesses a quick pull design which greatly aids in adjusting your shoes quickly to your feet.
4. Increased Durability: The anti-debris feature is unique and comes handy in many hiking and jogging trails. This feature at the same time offers enhanced durability by making your shoes summer and winter weather friendly.
1. A Bit Heavy: Some users feel that the shoe weighs slightly heavier. Now this opinion again varies person to person.
2. Tight Fitting: Some users also report that the shoe has a narrow and somewhat tight fitting. Its narrow size locks out some users.
This Salomon Men’s Speedcross 3 CS Trail Running Shoe comes with excellent performance and unique features that are very helpful for various levels of running. It is an ideal shoe for men who likes trail running a lot. It also offers great durability, cushioning and grip in almost all kinds of terrains and in all types of weather conditions.
This makes the shoe ideal for trail runners and it is no surprise that the shoe has become an adventure running classic. We give it 4.5 out of 5 and highly recommend to men who goes for trail running regularly and are in need of a good quality Salomon motion control running shoe.
No. 1: Nike Men's Free 4.0 Flyknit Running Shoe Review
Nike Men’s Free FlyKnit 4.0 is a new iteration of the Free 4.0 and introduces the popular outsole pattern that has become standard on all Nike Free versions. This is our no.1 top rated motion control men’s running shoe which is designed to maximize on runner’s natural stride. It also contains flex grooves for multi-directional flexibility.
1. Top Construction Quality: The shoe’s construction features flexibility, high breathability, and support where you require it most.
2. Unique Free FlyKnit Technology: Nike FlyKnit Technology has been integrated with the laces so as to give the user a firm support throughout the midfoot.
3. Customized Fitting Tongue: The tongue has notches on both sides to facilitate easy entry. This also provides the users better customized fitting for their feet.
4. Well Supportive Heels: The heel is combined with a non-stretch material to give it support and structure. These shoes have perfectly anatomical rolling heel structure.
5. Asymmetrical Lacing Structure: The asymmetrical lacing structure that runs laterally throughout the shoe reduces the lace pressure on the foot.
6. Hexagonal Flex Grooves: The Hexagonal flex grooves offer six different flex points that imitate the natural movements of your feet during long distance running.
7. Right Shock Absorption: The waffle outsole combined with the Phyllite Midsole provides the necessary shock absorption.
1. Highly Breathable: The polyester yarn used in the upper part of this Nike Free Flyknit 4.0 Running Shoe makes it very breathable. It gives additional comfort because of its flexible stretchy nature.
2. Added Flexibility: Many users of this shoe have appreciated the flexibility and stretchiness that the 4th version of the Nike FlyKnit shoe offers.
3. Multitude Colors Availability: The versatile and dynamic color schemes add to its overall looks and personality.
4. Consistent Heel Stride: Most users agree that the rounded heel gives a more consistent and natural stride.
5. Fitting is True to Size and Lightweight: The lace side integration works well to make the shoe fit well. At the same time, the shoe is super lightweight in terms of its overall weight.
1. It Takes Some Time to Make it Fully Flexible: Many complaints stem from the fact that this Nike men’s running shoe has inconsistent flexibility. But many users have found out that although over time the shoe adjusts itself to its full flexing capability.
2. Less Arch Support: The mild arch support may not provide the deserved underfoot cradling that most people expect from this shoe.
As you have already noticed that we have ranked this Nike Free Flyknit 4.0 Running Shoe as our no. 1 most recommended motion control running shoe for men, the reasons for this are obvious ones. This shoe is one of the most popular running shoes in the market right now.
It offers high comfort, breathability, shock absorption and cool design which appeals to several running enthusiasts. It is top on our list due to its higher levels of comfort, responsible durability, and seamless design. We give it 5.0 out of 5 and greatly recommend to male runners who are looking for the best quality Nike motion control running shoe in the market.
Review of Top 5 Best Motion Control Running Shoes for Women
Here are our already researched top 5 best motion control running shoes for women for the year 2018.
No. 5: Brooks Women's Launch 3 Running Shoe Review
The Brooks Women’s Launch 3 Running Shoe introduces a conventional heel to toe drop with a less constricting upper that features 3D printed overlays. These 3D printed overlays are more flexible and soft in nature.
The ride of the shoe is familiar to what most people have become accustomed to. At the same time, it is decently firm and it is indeed a very stable and very comfortable footwear for ladies to use.
1.3D Fit Print Upper Design: This Brooks women’s motion control running shoe has a specially designed 3D Fit Print upper that hugs your feet properly. It also enhances the shoe’s flexibility and comfort ability.
2.Updated Outsole Design: The shoe’s outsole is updated and improved in this version. For a springy and responsive toe-off, there is forefoot energy zone that gives you an edge when it comes to short distance sprints. This also increases the shoe’s flexibility and durability.
3.Midfoot Transition Zone and Segmented Crash Pad: The new features of this specific Brooks women’s shoe are very unique and amazing as far as customized cushioning and stability are concerned. It has a special Midfoot Transition Zone that offers quicker heel-to-toe transitions.
4.BioMoGo DNA Midsole Cushioning: This unique technology named as BioMoGo DNA Midsole Cushioning is much better than traditional MoGo Midsole cushioning. It provides sufficient support and cushioning for your feet. At the same time, it gives you a very soft and flexible running experience.
5.Breathable Air Mesh Upper: This Brooks running shoe has a highly ventilated Air Mesh Upper which is well equipped with 3D Fit Print. The breathable upper mesh has moisture prevention qualities to keep your feet dry and cool. The 3D Fit Print as already mentioned above increases fitting and flexibility. Its synthetic mesh overlay gives your feet the much-required snug fitting.
6.Well Cushioned Outsole: The full-length cushy soles provide extra cushioning to this Brooks running shoe. It offers good motion control for the runner as well. At the same time, the sole offers good flexibility to your feet while running.
7.Abrasive Resistant Rubber Material: HPR Plus rubber material of this shoe is highly abrasive resistant in nature. It offers higher durability for the user as well.
1.Breathable Upper: The upper air mesh material of this Brooks women’s running shoe provides greater breathability for the user.
2.Flexible Nature of Upper: The 3D Fit upper maintains the structure of this shoe without compromising flexibility. So upper offers not just good ventilation but also enough flexibility for your feet.
3.Proper Fitting: The BioMogo DNA of this shoe is designed to adapt to shape of the user’s foot. Therefore, it helps in increasing its aesthetic appeal and fitting factor for all kinds of female runners.
4.Increased Durability: This shoe has become very durable in nature. Thanks to its abrasive resistant rubber material and durable construction standards.
5.Lightweight Shoe: The overall weight of this shoe is just below 3 pounds. The average weight makes it easy for women to use it efficiently during running.
6.Affordable Price Range: This Brooks running shoe is priced just above 50 bucks. So, it is affordable to purchase for women who are looking for branded mid-range motion control running shoes.
1.Average Upper Quality: Some users have noticed that the upper part had lost some of its threading after moderate usage. It could be the case for very few users. So, it can be ignored.
2.Smaller Shoe Size: This Brooks shoe might be one size smaller for some women. Ladies who have large sized feet should know their correct foot size and order according to their foot size while buying online.
3.Extra Cushioning: Some users have complained that they are experiencing little bit extra cushioning. Now this could be the case for few women due to their unusual foot width and sizing. So, we recommend to check your sizing and foot width before you buy this shoe online.
Brooks Women’s Launch 3 running shoe has garnered a massive following due to its runner friendly design and high comfort features. It is ideal for your daily running needs without compromising the comfort and support. We provide this shoe a rating of 3 out of 5. We highly recommend this shoe to women who are looking for a durable, supportive and comfortable Brooks motion control running shoe.
No. 4: Salomon Women's Speedcross 3 CS Trail Running Shoe Review
The all new Salomon Speedcross CS 3 Running Shoes
have introduced speed, reliability and comfort to the running trails. Their aggressive treads will give you confidence when facing those sloppy and steep trails in any weather conditions. Its minimal construction makes it lightweight, and its full-length cushioning makes it very comfortable to use.
1.Breathable and Anti-Debris Mesh Design: This Salomon women’s running shoe comes with a reliable anti-debris mesh design. It comes really handy when you go on trail running and hiking activities. At the same time, it also provides high breathability for its users.
2.Water Resistant Material: The material used in this Salomon women’s running shoe is highly water resistant in nature. It protects your feet from getting wet during rainy weather conditions.
3.Mud Protection Soles: The sole of the shoe is made from mud resistant materials. It protects your shoes in not getting too much muddy when you run or walk through muddy regions.
4.Secured Fitting: This Salomon shoe has incorporated best quality internal fitting system. An insider material hugs to your feet perfectly to ensure proper fitting for your feet. It provides a very comfortable and secured fitting during running.
5.Quick Lacing System: A quick lacing system comes with this shoe. It offers fast lacing technique and also secures your feet correctly. Such a quick lacing system is really helpful in quick foot entry and exit.
6.ContaGrip Soles: There are non-marking ContaGrip outsoles that come with this Salomon shoe. It offers exceptional grip for muddy and snowy running terrains.
1.Excellent Water-Resistant Running Shoe: This Salomon women’s motion control running shoe offers really good waterproof protection. It is equipped with the water repellant textile on the upper part of the shoe.
2.MudGuard Protection: The MudGuard protection at the base of the shoe gives your feet the much-needed protection and support during running.
3.Faster Lacing Technique: The quick lacing system that comes with this shoe saves you a lot of time and energy.
4.Anti-Debris Mesh Design: The shoe also comes with an excellent Anti-Debris Mesh design. It saves you a great deal of time that is lost in removing debris when hiking and running.
1.May Cause Foot Pain: Some users have taken note that at some places like your heels and toes, you can experience a little pain while wearing these shoes. If you are hiking or running for long distances, the stiff material at some places can cause a little foot pain for few runners.
2.Too Narrow for Some Users: Yes, it has been reported by few users that this shoe is way too narrow for them. So, we highly recommend you to measure your foot size correctly and buy the correct sized shoe for your feet. You can check out our article where we have mentioned the 5 must have features that are essential to have in your new footwear.
The quality and performance of Salomon Speedcross CS 3 Trail Running Shoe
sets it apart from its competitors. The aggressive tread and weather protection makes the shoe appealing for a trail runner.
At the same time, other unique features such as anti-debris mesh, quick lacing and water-resistant material make this shoe an ideal candidate for female runners who are looking for a medium cost and reliable motion control running shoe for sure. We give it a rating of 3.5 out of 5.
No. 3: Merrell Women's All Out Peak Trail Running Shoe Review
For those women who are looking for a significantly comfortable, supportive and well cushioned motion control running shoe from Merrell, the Merrell Women’s All Out Peak Trail Running Shoe is one of the best ones listed here. This shoe has all the fabulous features which an excellent trail running shoe should have. It is also priced comparably lower than other shoes in the same class.
1.UniFly Midsole: An UniFly midsole is one the strengths of this Merrell running shoe. This specially designed midsole connects your feet to the ground superbly but at the same time it still protects you from the ground shocks and vibrations. This midsole very well protects your feet from high impacts and provides soft landing and stable takeoff.
2.TrailProtect Pad: This unique TrailProtect Pad gives you a better underfoot protection. It provides your feet the best kind of foot support while you run on uneven and muddy trails.
3.Vibram MegaGrip: This feature of Merrell women’s running shoe is really helpful in getting proper protection against muddy and slippery surfaces. The Vibram MegaGrip feature offers greater stability and natural foot flexes.
4.Vegan Friendly Shoe: This shoe is made from no animal products and it is highly comfortable and stylish to use on a regular basis.
5.M Select Fresh Footbed: The footbed of this Merrell running shoe is made from a very durable M Select Fresh technology. This well treated footbed immensely helps in the reduction of foot odor, and excessive sweat moisture.
6.HyperWrap 360 Degree Fit System: The HyperWrap 360 Degree Fit System is an in-built feature of the shoe. It enhances flexibility as well as stability for your feet while running.
1.Highly Breathable and Visible: The shoe features a synthetic mesh fiber for breathability and a high reflective design for easier visibility when jogging or walking in low light.
2.Greatly Agile and Stable: The HyperWrap 360 Degree Fit system has been applauded by many runners for keeping the feet in place for increased stability and flexibility.
3.Good Cushioning and Support: The most unique features of this Merrell women’s All Out Peak Motion Control Running Shoe are Unifly Midsole and in-built TrailProtect Pads. These features help in improving the overall cushioning, protection and foot support while running.
4.True to Form Fitting: The shoe size and width is almost perfect for most foot sizes. Once you know your correct foot size, it becomes very easy to identify your right fit and then you can choose the right width and size for this shoe.
5.Odor Free Shoe: Yes, this Merrell running shoe comes with unique M Select Fresh footbed. It is highly anti-bacterial and prevents excessive sweat moisture and microbial infection.
1.Not Ideal for Wide Feet Women: Yes, this is one of the drawbacks of this shoe. Many of the past users were disappointed with the shoe’s narrow size which effectively locked them out. So ideally this shoe is good for small width and medium sized women but not so perfect for women having wide width and flat feet.
2.Weak Fabric Design: Some women in the past have complained about the overall durability of the fabric used in this shoe. After few months of usage, the fabric gets damaged in their case. So, we recommend you to check your shoes for any sign of damaged fabric once you buy them.
This Merrell Women's All Out Peak Shoe is stable and highly agile motion control running shoe for women. It is comfortable even in long and rough terrains. Its many impressive features make it ideal for daily running regime. We highly recommend this shoe for small foot sized women and do not recommend it for large feet and flat feet women. We give it the rating of 4.0 out of 5.
No. 2: ASICS Women's GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe Review
The ASICS Women’s Gel Venture 5 Motion Control Running Shoe is great for those ladies who like to start off-road running. It is supportive, comfortable and protects your feet very well. The specially designed AHAR outsole is designed and built to outlast regular rubber.
The aggressive lug pattern of this shoe makes it difficult for mud to stick to it. Thus, your shoes remain mud free and do not get much muddy in the rainy regions. The shoe is light weight and it only weighs 247 g making it an angel when hitting those trails hard.
1.AHAR Outsoles: This shoe comes with aggressive synthetic AHAR Rubber outsoles that increase its durability and at the same time enhances its grip and traction.
2.Bright Breathable Mesh Design: The upper material is mesh design which offers high amount of air ventilation. It is good for neutral runners. At the same time, it is equipped with bright overlays which makes the shoe easily visible in the night time.
3.Durable and Sturdy: This ASICS Gel Venture shoe is built with tough overlays. This makes it very sturdy and durable in nature.
4.Removable Sockliner: As you know the importance of having right sockliner for the shoe, this shoe has a removable sockliner. You can easily replace it with your favorite orthotics and get more comfort and support for your feet during running.
5.GEL Cushioning System: The most unique feature of this ASICS running shoe is its special GEL cushioning system. This type of cushioning system offers enhanced structural stability, injury prevention and enhanced shock absorption ability.
6.Padded Tongue: The tongue of this shoe is padded. This gives your feet more comfort and support during running.
7.Additional Rear Gel: The rear part of the shoe has added gel component. This gel offers enhanced comfort and injury free, shock proof ground landings.
1.Better Grip and Traction: This ASICS Gel Venture 5 shoe comes with better soles that offer improved grip and traction. That is why you get better support and grip on muddy, rainy grounds while running in this shoe.
2.Good Arch Support and Cushioning: I can say for sure that this particular ASICS running shoe has better arch support and cushioning as compared to its predecessors. It provides your feet the much-needed comfort and support while running in this shoe.
3.AHAR Rubber Material: The specially designed AHAR rubber sole of this shoe gives it enhanced flexibility and durability at the same time. It also helps in getting good grip and traction as well.
4.Increased Breathability: The mesh design of this ASICS Gel Venture shoe is highly breathable in nature. It keeps the inner atmosphere moisture free and sweat free. Such an inner atmosphere is very important for your feet to protect them from bacterial and fungal infection which is often caused due to excessive sweating.
1.Less Durable: Some reviews have claimed that the sole of this shoe is not as durable as one intended to be. But this is not verified yet by the majority of users.
2.Low Ankle Support: Some runners have complained that the shoe does not provide much support to your ankles while running. There could be some issues in the shoe design which causes less ankle support. So, it must be rectified by the company in its future releases.
For a trail running shoe, ASICS Gel Venture 5 for women gives you a big bang for your money with features found in more expensive running shoes. These enhanced features make the shoe ideal for light trail running and everyday exercise routine. We love its features like AHAR rubber outsole, Good arch support and better grip and traction, etc.
However, there are few cons such as less ankle support and lower life span which can be improved by the company in the future releases. We give it the rating of 4.5 out of 5 and highly recommend it to all intermediate and beginner level lady runners.
No. 1: Saucony Women's Cohesion 9 Running Shoe Review
And finally drum rolls ladies! We have our no. 1 best motion control running shoe for women in 2018. It is none other than Saucony Women’s Cohesion 9 Running Shoe. Saucony Cohesion shoes are one of their best products to date, and their women’s version do not disappoint at all.
Their great features and budget conscious approach appeal to many people. Its some of the best features are Heel GRID System, Flex Grooves, breathable mesh design, padded tongue and collar, etc. We will see these features one by one in the following features section.
1. Breathable Mesh Design: The mesh design of this Saucony women’s running shoe is highly air ventilated. It is best for ladies who sweat a lot during running. This breathable design helps to eliminate any kind of bacterial and fungal infection which could arise due to excessive sweating from your feet.
2. Flex Grooves: Flex Grooves are added to the forefoot of this shoe which enhances the flexibility of the shoe. The outsole of this Saucony shoe has become very supportive and flexible due to these flex grooves.
3. Heel GRID System: This Heel Grid System is built into the shoe in such a way that it provides stable cushioning for your feet. It is infused into the midsole of this shoe which is again very responsive and supportive by nature. This feature helps a lot when we run for long distances and our feet need such kind of supportive and stable cushioning.
4. Padded Collar and Tongue: The tongue and collar of the shoe is well padded. Therefore, it offers more comfort and support for your ankles and feet as well.
1. Good Support for Your Arches: This Saucony Cohesion 9 running shoe provides great support for your feet. At the same time, it gives you sufficient support for your ankles and arches.
2. Very Comfortable: Yes, many women have loved this shoe due to its prime benefit and that is its comfort factor. It offers lot of support, padding, and cushioning as well. Due to these features, the shoe has become very comfortable to use for your daily running activities.
3. Fitting is Great: Yep, this Saucony motion control running shoe for women is incredible when it comes to fitting. Many women have loved this fitting factor. The sizing and width of the shoe is appropriate for almost all width and feet sizes. You will not feel any pain to your back, hips, legs and ankles during your running routine due to the perfect fitting factor of this shoe.
4. Best Motion Control Running Shoe for Women: Yes, this is the number one shoe which we recommend for women who are looking for the best motion control running shoe online. This shoe offers great comfort and support who have overpronated feet and are overweight. It also gives you best supportive midsole which is one of the prime requirements to be a best motion control running footwear.
1. Little Tight in Toe Box: Some users have reported that the toe box area is little tight to fit for wide feet women. So, this is one area that I would recommend the company to improve a bit.
2. Not Good for High Arch Folks: Yes, one disadvantage of this shoe is it is not much suitable for women who have fairly wide or medium width feet and high arch size. So, if you are in this category I recommend you to choose another shoe from our top 5 list of motion control running shoes for women.
Finally, we have come to the concluding part of our article. The final verdict about this shoe is obviously very positive from our side. We have ranked Saucony Women’s Cohesion 9 Running Shoe as our no. 1 best women’s motion control running shoe of 2018. There are obvious reasons behind this top ranking.
As you already know from above that this shoe is best for women having overpronated feet and who have small to medium sized feet. It is best running shoe if you need high comfort, cushioning and support for your ankles, feet and hips.
Though, there are few weak links such as narrow sized toe box and unsuitability for high arch sized women, it is still the best motion control running shoe to buy and use in 2018 with confidence. We give this shoe the rating of 5.0 out of 5 and we would recommend you to give it a try at least once to see its benefits for yourself. Best of luck!
So, these are our top 5 best motion control running shoes for men and women for the year 2018. I hope you will test these shoes and see the results for yourself. We believe that these are some of the top quality footwear for men and women which are ideal for both runners who have overpronated feet and for overweight runners. You can also check out our other reviews at our site, VBMBestReviews.com.