5 Best Glue for Rubber Boots Reviewed with Buyer’s Guide
Rubber boots are widely used in chemical and mining industries. Due to its reinforced toes and heels, rubber boots are considered as one of the most durable and strongest work boots.
But every good thing in this world has its own disadvantages. Same thing applies to rubber footwear. While working for long hours at the workplace, your rubber work boots tend to crack or get damaged after constant usage.
Instead of throwing out your expensive rubber footwear, you can try to repair them with the help of strong industrial glue and adhesives. Today, I am sharing 5 best glue for rubber boots that will help you quickly repair and fix your damaged rubber work footwear in few minutes.
Reviews of Top 5 Glue for Rubber Work Boots
No. 5: Sof Sole Shoe Goo Footwear Adhesive Black Glue
At no. 5, I have rated Sof Sole Shoe GOO Footwear Adhesive for few important reasons. Its primary pros and cons are as follows.
1. Multi-Purpose Glue: It is a multi-purpose shoe and boot glue. You can use this Sof Sole glue for all types of canvas, vinyl, rubber and leather boots.
2. Easy Application: You can apply this glue to all your worn out rubber boot soles easily. Application is rather very easy and takes few minutes to completely reattach your cracked or damaged soles with this glue.
3. Other Important Uses: With this glue or adhesive product, I found it easier to do other shoe or boot jobs such as repairing damaged heels of my old shoes, reattaching loose insoles of the rubber boots, etc.
4. 100% Authentic and Reliable: There are many low quality glue products available today. But this particular Shoe Goo adhesive or glue provides top notch results. The rubber boots you will fix with this glue will remain attached or working for many months once you use it on your damaged or cracked rubber footwear.
5. 100% Waterproof: Once you apply Shoe Goo on your rubber boot heels, insoles and outsoles; you can be rest assured about its waterproof ability. You will see that there is a sealed rubber coating that gets formed at the application area. This protects coating area or application area from water and does not get damaged easily.
1. Does not work with more exotic type of rubber footwear
2. Need to be extra careful while squeezing the glue out of the tube to prevent busting
Click Here for Customer Reviews and Low Price of Sof Sole Shoe Goo Footwear Adhesive Black Glue.
No. 4: Gorilla Original Waterproof Glue
I have mentioned many times about the efficiency of Original Gorilla waterproof glue in the buying guide of this article. There are reasons why I recommend this product at no. 4 rank. Let’s see what are those benefits.
1. Versatile Usage: Original Gorilla Glue is one of the most popular and reliable glue products in the market. You can use it not just to attach your worn out rubber boot soles but also for attaching wood, glass, metal, stones and ceramic broken products.
2. 100% Waterproof: When you apply this glue to your broken or cracked rubber boot heels and soles, you will see that it holds really well for several months. There will not be water damage or water intrusion inside the repaired heels and soles of your boots. Because the rubber coating that gets molded; protects the boots really well from water exposure.
3. Extremely Strong Bond: This is a special feature of this Gorilla glue. When you apply the glue to your damaged soles, it expands nearly three times the amount you apply. It creates a really strong bond and makes it a tough application that do not get broken easily.
1. You need to use clamping after application of this glue.
2. Every time, you need to close the top of the glue carefully to avoid wastage later on.
Click Here to Check out More Reviews and Current Price of Gorilla Original Waterproof Glue.
No. 3: Sof Sole Shoe Glue
At no. 3, Sof Sole Shoe Black Glue deserves its place. This is an advanced version of our no. 5 Sof Sole shoe glue. Its primary features, pros and cons are as follows.
1. Multi-Purpose Shoe Glue: Just like our no. 4 and no. 5 shoe glue products, this one also works wonderfully for all types of shoes and boots. You can use this glue for rubber boots, canvas shoes, leather boots and vinyl shoes.
2. Long Lasting Repair: This glue works for longer period of time. Once you apply this product on your cracked rubber boot soles, you can use your boots and shoes for several months without any issues.
3. Works for Heel and Insole Repair: Not just your boot soles, but also damaged heels and insoles can also be glued perfectly with this product. It is not just a glue but also works as an adhesive. You can comfortably seal and protect your worn-out rubber footwear soles.
4. 100% Waterproof: Similar to the above two glue, this shoe glue protects the sealing from water without any issues. The coating that gets formed on the repaired soles and heels is protected successfully from the exposure of water. This means your boot repair lasts much longer than expected.
1. Does not work properly on tap shoes
2. Requires some time to learn how to make even coating underneath the sole
Click Here for Latest Reviews and Low Price of Sof Sole Shoe Black Glue.
No. 2: Shoe Goo Shoe Repair Adhesive
Shoe GOO Shoe Repair Adhesive brand provides some of the most long lasting and most protective coating for your damaged rubber footwear soles and heels. Its prominent pros and cons are given as follows.
1. Most Durable Repair: The level of adhesive efficiency is excellent by all means. Once you apply this glue to your boots, you can rest assured about its durability for at least 1 year or so.
2. Versatile Usage: This glue can be applied to almost all types of footwear brands. Whether you have damaged leather shoe soles or rubber boot soles, you can easily apply this glue to get the best possible results. Vinyl and canvas shoes are also ok to treat with this glue.
3. Multiple Usage: You can comfortably heal and repair your broken and cracked heels and soles of your rubber boots. This Shoe Goo glue provides the most durable and most protective adhesive coating.
4. Works Fast: After careful application of this glue, you don’t have to wait for hours to see the results. In just few minutes, you will be able to see the glue producing its best result. And it also protects your heels and soles from water. Because it is waterproof too.
1. This gel glue is little drier than liquid glue. So, it can take more time to form protective coating.
2. Does not work effectively with tennis shoe soles.
Now kindly check out the following video where you will learn how to use Shoe Goo glue comfortably to fix all types of worn out shoes and boot soles.
No. 1: Boot-Fix Shoe Glue
At no. 1, we have Boot-Fix Shoe Glue. It is ranked at no. 1 for a reason. The pros and cons of this product are provided as follows.
1. Easy to use: There are only three steps involved to successfully apply this shoe glue to your damaged rubber footwear soles and heels. First you need to clean and dry the place where you want to apply this glue.
Then you need to carefully apply this glue to the whole area which you need to repair. And the last thing is you need to firmly hold the sole or heel for 40 seconds to 1 minute to get the desired results.
This glue is one of the fastest and most effective shoe glue products in the market.
2. No Clamping Required: Many of the glue products that are available in the market today, requires you to clamp somethings for glue to work efficiently. As far as Boot-Fix shoe glue is concerned, the product manufacturer claims that you do not have to do clamping; which saves you time and efforts both.
3. Works fast and Durable: The coating is formed pretty fast once you apply this shoe glue to your broken or damaged heel and sole of the rubber footwear. And unlike other brands, it does not get spoiled quickly.
The bond that gets created after the application of the glue, remains strong and unaffected by the things such as water, heat, and moisture.
4. Compatible with All Shoe Types: You can harmlessly use this glue for your rubber boots, vinyl shoes, dress shoes, athletic shoes, and climbing shoes, etc. There will be no damage of material due to application of this shoe glue.
1. Does not work efficiently on certain hiking boots
2. Too dense to apply for sandals and heels
Now check out the following tutorial where you will learn how to attach broken rubber boot soles successfully with the help of this no. 1 boot repair glue.
Buyer's Guide for Choosing the Best Glue for Rubber Boots
Is It Possible to Use Glue for Rubber Boots?
Many people face this issue of sole falling off from their expensive rubber boots. Now, in this situation, you have two options. Either you stop using your boots or you try to fix the damaged soles of your boots.
I always prefer the second option rather than throwing away my expensive pair of work footwear. So, the question is that; can glue really help in repairing the soles of rubber boots.
The answer to this query is definite yes. Rubber boots can easily be fixed when you use quality glue products such as Boot-Fix Shoe Glue or Shoe Goo.
These types of glue products work faster and hold the soles for longer period of time. Once you apply these glue products, they dry quickly which is really important thing to happen.
What Type of Glue is Best for Repairing Rubber Boots?
As mentioned earlier, the glue you choose to repair your rubber work boots must be able to hold loose sole together with the boot for longer period of time. You don’t have to clamp your shoe with your broken soles after using the glue.
It must be fast drying. The main feature that I would like to see in a glue for rubber footwear is its content. The glue must be polyurethane in nature.
The next most important feature that I like to see in a glue is its waterproof ability. The glue you use on your rubber footwear must also provide waterproof protection.
Some glue products do not work properly when you wet your boots. Due to their inability to protect your shoe soles from water, water enters inside the soles and soles get loose automatically after few days. This is why the glue must also be waterproof in nature.
Certain glue products come with impact tough feature such as Gorilla Super Glue Gel. Impact tough means the glue contains certain kinds of rubber particles.
These particles enhance the strength and impact resistance ability of the glue. This means that the overall efficiency and strength of the glue increases and the shoe sole keep attached to the shoe for longer period of time.
Does Gorilla Glue Work for Rubber Boots Repair?
Yes, Gorilla Glue is the best option when it comes to repairing all types of rubber footwear. Gorilla Glue comes with interesting features such as fast drying, versatile usage, anti-clog cap, and impact tough, etc.
You will not require to do clamping once you apply Gorilla Glue on the broken soles of your footwear. It dries out in just 50 seconds to 2 minutes once you apply it on the soles.
The broken or cracked soles of your rubber boots can easily be fixed and glued with the help of this product. I think the sole keeps attached for longer duration and it also protects your attached soles from water. Because some of the models of Gorilla Glue are waterproof in nature.
How to Apply Glue on Rubber Boots?
The procedure to apply glue products to your rubber footwear is actually easy and very straightforward.
The product such as Gorilla Glue and Shoe Goo are perfect for fixing all types of rubber shoes. They are also waterproof in nature which helps in increasing the life span of your glued soles.
The actual procedure is as follows.
1. First dampen the area of your rubber boot where you want to apply a glue product. This helps in softening and moistening the sole and the area where you want to use the glue.
2. In order to insert and apply glue perfectly to the tight areas of your boot, you will need to use glue pen instead of glue directly. Just use Gorilla Glue adhesive to quickly apply the glue to the small and tight sole locations.
Precaution: You will need to use glue in smaller quantities. Because it usually expands 3-4 times its original quantity once you apply it.
3. Now let the glue dry for at least 30 to 60 minutes. You can use clamping if you want more efficient attachment. Here, you can use Gorilla Tape to make this clamping and to make sure the glue sticks to the whole sole perfectly.
You can also watch the following video to learn how to apply this glue exactly on your rubber boot soles.
Applying the right shoe glue for your damaged rubber boot is necessary. By using the right glue for your old and cracked rubber boot soles, you can save some cash that would have been wasted on your new boot purchase.
I recommend you to buy any one shoe glue product from my recommended list above. Also read our buying guide to know more about best glue for rubber footwear. I wish you good luck.