When finding the best cowboy boots for wide feet women, it is always essential to find the right width first. Form fitting boots that perfectly fit can be very comfortable and can easily snug around your foot (each boot should conform to each foot as they are both different).
Now we recommend you to first watch this cowboy boot fitting video guide from a cowboy boot expert, Greg Bournazos. Then keep continue reading to get clearer understanding about what type of western boots you should choose while ordering them online.
If your boots are not correct, either too wide or long, you will be unable to strut or saunter when you walk. If your boots are too small, your knees, hips, legs and feet will be in pain even when you have already taken off your boots.
For those people who order their boots from an online store, finding the right boot size can be problematic. The right size should just fit snugly (don’t confuse with a tight fit). But if your feet slide easily into the boot, the boots may be oversized.
The best cowboy boots for wide feet are usually designed to fit like no other. In your normal street shoes, it is usually advisable to buy shoes that are slightly bigger than your feet for maximum comfort. However, with cowboy boots, we generally advise buying smaller boots than your feet.
This is because genuine leather expands and conforms to your foot. And this is the reason why you want the boots to be a little snug when you wear them for the first time. In addition, if you buy bigger boots than your feet, the boots will be extremely comfortable once the leather starts breaking. You can also avoid having blisters on your feet once you start using comfortable cowboy boots having wide width.
After purchasing the boots, make sure you put them on while on top of a soft carpet to avoid damaging the soles in case you may need to return them. Have a seat and grab the pull straps and pull them as you push your foot, the foot should enter with a ‘PLOP’. If your foot simply slides in, return them and get a size smaller.
For those with pointed toes who may be wondering whether they may require a different size, it is worth noting that cowboy boots manufacturers consider all types of toes when designing the boots. This means that the same size cowboy boot will be the same for both the pointed toe and rounded toe.
The standard width used to describe a woman’s cowboy boot is ‘B’ and for a narrow boot is ‘A’ while wide boots are ‘C’. We recommend wearing the cowboy boots with boot socks as they are designed to reduce slippage and shock. It also provides a comfortable stay put over the calf to fit the tall shafts that are found in the wide cowboy boots. Unlike the usual normal socks, boot socks are also designed to absorb moisture to keep your feet dry and warm.
Reviews of 5 Best Cowboy Boots for Women with Wide Feet
No. 5: John Deere Women's Wellington Boot Review
John Deere Women’s Wellington Boots are practical for any outdoor activity and are tough enough to handle some harsh conditions. Their rounded toe gives sufficient room for wiggle while the steel shank and cushioned insole work hand in hand to provide all the necessary support and comfort.
Their use of Goodyear welt construction technique used to attach the sole offers additional flexibility and comfort as well.
1. 10 Inches Shaft: It has 10 inches pink colored shaft made up of highest quality leather material.
2. Quality Steel Shank Design: It also possesses a tempered steel shank.
3. Goodyear Welt Construction: The boot is made from Goodyear welt construction design that provides highest kind of comfort and flexibility.
4. Lightweight Outsole: The outsole of this John Deere women’s cowboy boot is made up of very lightweight and oil resistant polyurethane material.
5. Moisture-Proof Material: At the same time, the boot is moisture proof due to its moisture wicking high abrasion lining material.
1. Funky Design and Quality Construction: The use of a mixture of leather and camouflage green colour can be described as a fun design.
2. Versatile Usage: They are tough and versatile and can be worn for over one year and can be used for farming, hiking, and ranching too.
1. Somewhat Dull Front-side: However, the boot design has some few design fails, one of them being the boxy front which looks uninspired. I can accept that they are work boots, but a more playful design wouldn’t hurt.
2. Few Tight Leather Spots: They also have a rather tight slope around the area where the leather ends, but this usually adjusts itself after some time.
Average Customer Rating : 4.4 / 5
Women who are looking for the best cowboy boots for wide feet may also find it a bit thinner on the upper part. However, you should not allow these little discrepancies discourage you. These boots are made to last longer and they are quite comfortable for daily use too.
These cowboy boots somehow lack in terms of fashion as well as they have some quality issues. John Deere is good with making farm equipment, let’s hope they can bring the same quality to their boots.
I give them 3 out of 5. However, as far as the features and benefits are concerned, it makes a good choice for us to put it at 5th best cowboy boot for women with wide feet.
No. 4: Justin Boots Women's Bent Rail 11" Brd Square-Toe Boot Review
Justin Bent Rail Cowboy boots for women collection is a durable, aesthetically beautiful and comfortable range of cowboy boots. They are generally inspired by alternative country music and feature burnished calfskin leather, they also spot a fancy 11” leather shaft, with the lining also made up of leather. The insole is covered with a leather cushioning and a triple density insole board.
1. Made in USA Design: This Justin Cowboy boot for women is “Made in USA” brand. So anyone looking for US made cowboy boots, this one is definitely a good choice.
2. 11 Inches Shaft: The shaft height is about 11 inches from arch. So if you are looking for taller cowboy boots, this boot certainly satisfies your requirement.
3. Unique Square Toe Profile: This is a square toe profile cowboy boot and it offers wide width for women looking for wide cowboy boots.
4. Great Traction and Grip: It offers superior grip and traction, thanks to the inclusion of smooth leather sole along with a quality rubber heel.
5. Handcrafted Leather Construction: The boot also has a handmade “America” burnished tan leather foot under A Turquoise shaft design.
1. Attractive Custom Design and Looks: Justin Boots Women's Bent Rail 11" Brd Square-Toe Boot is so appealing due to their chic, eye-catching custom design that radiates versatility. They can be paired with anything from designer jeans to girly sundresses.
2. Perfect Fitting and Dynamic Usage: They also vary in sizes so as to fit all sizes of feet (7.5B to 9.5B), so for those looking for the best cowboy boots for wide feet, this is a serious contender. They can be used for parties, for wading through mud and even for dancing.
1. Inconsistency in Sizing: However, some people have complained that their size is not consistent; but this is to be expected in leather boots. They also have a narrow calf however their width more than makes up for this.
They also require thick socks which make them hot. This can be solved by using custom made inserts and thinner socks.
Average Customer Rating : 4.7 / 5
They are beautiful and definitely durable cowboy boots for women having wider feet. They have a few quacks but nothing to put you off.
If you are searching for good quality, stylish, durable Made in USA wide cowboy boot, then you should seriously consider buying Justin Women's Bent Rail Square Toe Cowboy Boot. I give them 3.5 out of 5 due to its unique features, overall material quality and due to its versatile usage.